How to reach Bergamo and the School Venue
Bergamo is easily accessible with the city being connected to three international airports: Bergamo Orio al Serio, Milano Malpensa and Milano Linate.
- Bergamo Orio al Serio: The international Airport of Orio al Serio is just 5 km from Bergamo and 45 km from Milan. It is connected to many Italian and European destinations, and has a large number of low-cost airlines. The airport shuttle service connects the airport and Milan city in its three important locations: Central Station, Rho Fair, and Malpensa Airport. The local bus service runs daily (line 1) to and from the airport every 30 minutes and the journey takes about 20 minutes. With the same bus, you could easily reach the summer school location directly from the airport (Tariffa C, Zona 3, blue ticket, €2,40 for 90’). For further information visit www.atb.bergamo.it.
- Milano Malpensa: Malpensa airport is the largest of the three airports and is located in the province of Varese approximately 30 km northwest of the city of Milan. Milano Malpensa is Milan’s international airport. From the airport Milano Malpensa to the city of Bergamo: The Malpensa shuttle coach buses leave every 20 minutes from Malpensa Airport to Milan central train station (Stazione di Milano Centrale). From Milano railway station to Bergamo, trains leave at ten minutes after every hour. For further information visit www.orioshuttle.com. The local bus service runs daily (line 1) from/to the Bergamo railway station to/from the summer school location every 10/15 minutes and the journey takes about 20 minutes. For further information visit www.atb.bergamo.it.
- Milano Linate: Milano Linate Airport has a wide range of domestic and short and medium range international flights. There are several train and bus connections to Bergamo from the airport, including a shuttle bus to Milan Malpensa Airport. The shuttle bus between the two airports takes approximately 30 minutes. Linate airport is situated 50 km far from Bergamo City Center. Buses of the ATM company provide daily connection between Linate Airport (the bus stops near Arrival zone 6) and Milan central railway station. They operate every 30 minutes from 06.00 a.m. to 11.30 p.m. The local bus service runs daily (line 1) from/to the Bergamo railway station to/from the summer school location every 10/15 minutes and the journey takes about 20 minutes. For further information visit www.atb.bergamo.it.
Bergamo railway station is directly connected to Milan railway stations through the Trenitalia and Trenord train networks. The travel time for Milan-Bergamo is approximately one hour and the trains depart almost every hour. The station is located in Lower Bergamo in Piazzale Guglielmo Marconi. The local bus service runs daily (line 1) from/to the Bergamo railway station to/from the summer school location every 10/15 minutes and the journey takes about 20 minutes (Tariffa A, Zona 1, green ticket) For further information visit www.atb.bergamo.it.
Bergamo is situated along the motorway system of Turin-Milan-Venice-Trieste (the A4 motorway).
The closest free parking location to the Summer School Venue are:
- Parcheggio stadio Gewiss (Via del Lazzaretto)
- Piazzale Malpensata (Via Giovanni Carnovali)
The closest paying car parks are:
- Parcheggio piazza Libertà (Piazza della Libertà)
- Garage San Marco (Piazza della Repubblica)
- Parcheggio Porta Sant’Alessandro (Largo di Porta S. Alessandro)
(for detailed directions on the route to follow, we recommend, among other sites, the websites of GoogleMaps, Viamichelin and Mappy).